Not all addiction treatment programs require a full-time commitment to living in a residential facility while getting sober. Sometimes, if a person struggling with addiction has successfully quit drugs or alcohol, they may be ready to move into an outpatient program. One of the most comprehensive outpatient programs available is an intensive outpatient program (IOP). Here, clients will work through the root cause of their addiction and learn to cope with their triggers as they rejoin their daily lives.
Our intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, Ohio allows you to reconnect with yourself through a variety of therapies or continue developing the skills you learned during inpatient treatment. Therapists and recovery specialists diligently work as you begin to navigate the challenges in your usual life with newfound sobriety. Call or complete our web form today to develop your recovery plan.
Ohio offers several intensive outpatient treatment programs that provide mental health, substance misuse, or co-occurring services. These programs are designed to provide intensive support and help people to recover from addiction and other behavioral issues.
These benefits include:
- A safe and supportive environment – Intensive outpatient programs can provide a secure, positive environment to work on recovery with the support of peers, professionals, and mentors.
- Accessible treatment – Intensive outpatient programs can be more accessible than residential treatment because they require fewer hours spent in treatment each day. This allows clients to continue living their daily lives while still pursuing counseling services.
- Evidence-based approach – Intensive outpatient programs use evidence-based approaches such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), family counseling, and group counseling sessions. These practices have been proven effective in treating addiction and related conditions.
- Individualized care – The individualized nature of intensive outpatient treatment allows clients to receive tailored services that meet their specific needs.
- Comprehensive aftercare planning – Clients can develop an aftercare plan with their clinician that they can take with them when they leave treatment or transition into a less intensive program. This ensures the client is supported throughout their recovery journey
- Lower cost than inpatient care – An intensive outpatient treatment program is also much less expensive than an inpatient treatment program. This is because IOPs do not require the same level of 24/7 support that inpatient care does.
It’s important to remember you should enter into the treatment program that is ultimately recommended to you. Overcoming substance abuse and mental health conditions require finding appropriate treatment that will work for you. If clinicians determine that you should enter a partial hospitalization program or even a residential program, you should seriously consider their recommendation. They are only looking to provide you with the support necessary for your recovery journey so you can avoid relapse.
How Does an Intensive Outpatient Program in Cleveland, Ohio Work?
When you join the IOP at Legends Treatment Center of Cleveland, you will work with a recovery specialist to create an individualized treatment plan. This type of program typically involves regular individual counseling sessions and group therapy to help clients understand their thoughts and behaviors and work towards recovery goals.
The length of each intensive outpatient program differs based on the client’s needs, but generally, these programs run from 8-12 weeks. During this time, the client will attend individual therapy sessions with a counselor who is trained in evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma-informed care, and mindfulness-based interventions. During individual counseling sessions, the client can discuss their problems with the therapist and develop strategies for overcoming them. The therapist may also use various assessments or other forms of psychoeducation to identify and address underlying addiction issues that are impacting the client’s behavior.
In addition to individual therapy sessions, an intensive outpatient program in Cleveland will involve regular group therapy meetings led by certified medical staff. In these meetings, clients can connect with peers who are facing similar challenges and receive support from one another as well as from clinicians. Group sessions can focus on topics such as anger management, communication skills, or relapse coping strategies.
Treatment plans for clients attending an intensive outpatient program in Cleveland will also include developing an aftercare plan before they transition into less intensive treatments or finish their course of treatment. This plan ensures that they have access to resources that will help them continue on their path to recovery after they leave addiction treatment.
What Types of Therapies and Programs are Available in an IOP?
In our intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, we offer a variety of therapies that are available as part of their weekly schedule. Each one will is geared to helping patients better understand substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
Through individual therapy, individuals can learn how to recognize triggers that cause relapse and develop healthier coping skills that will help them resist cravings and remain abstinent. Common evidence-based therapeutic techniques used include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy, trauma-informed care, and mindfulness-based interventions.
Group therapy for addiction is a form of psychotherapy that takes place in a group setting with other individuals who are struggling with addiction. Group counseling sessions are facilitated by a certified clinician and focus on developing accountability, improving communication, and creating meaningful relationships between participants.
Family therapy is a type of psychotherapy that helps families affected by substance use disorder develop communication, coping, and problem-solving skills. In family counseling sessions, certified clinicians work with individuals struggling with substance use disorders as well as their family members to create an understanding and supportive environment.
Relapse Prevention Planning
Relapse prevention planning is an important part of the recovery process that is designed to help individuals maintain long-term sobriety. This goal is accomplished by creating an individualized plan of action that outlines strategies and coping skills for managing triggers and avoiding relapse.
Drug Abuse Education
Drug abuse education is a key component of any treatment program. It provides individuals with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions regarding their drug use. As part of this type of education, individuals are taught about the warning signs and potential risks involved with different types of drugs and how drug use can affect physical health and mental health.
Who Should Attend an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are designed for individuals who are struggling with addiction or whose behaviors are preventing them from functioning in daily life. Individuals who could benefit from an IOP include:
- Who has recently completed a residential treatment program but still needs additional support.
- Who has recently completed a partial hospitalization program but does not feel comfortable entering a standard outpatient program.
- Who wants to focus on their recovery while still being able to participate in day-to-day activities or work commitments.
- Addiction is having a significant impact on their family and relationships.
- Who have been unsuccessful in managing their addiction on their own and need additional support.
- Who struggle with co-occurring mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, trauma, or PTSD.
Additionally, individuals that would not be suited for intensive outpatient treatment would be anyone that is suffering from severe or long-standing mental health or substance abuse issues or someone who has tried an IOP previously and relapsed. Also, individuals that are currently struggling with withdrawal symptoms should seek a detox program before entering into an intensive outpatient program. Anyone that may be suffering from post-acute withdrawal syndrome can enter an IOP as those are typically addressed as part of the program.
Accessible Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program in Cleveland, Ohio
One of the best things about an IOP is that it can be more accessible than other types of treatment. Many people struggling with addiction do not have the time or resources to attend a residential treatment program. The commitment to an IOP is usually about the same as a part-time job.
An IOP can provide the same level of support and care as a residential program at a fraction of the cost. It can also be a great step down from residential treatment. Regardless of your financial situation, you can find addiction treatment with Legends Recovery.
We are committed to making drug and alcohol addiction treatment affordable and accessible to the people who need it. Our programs offer flexible payment plans for in-network and out-of-network insurance, Medicaid, and out-of-pocket options.
Set a Sober Foundation
When you are ready to take the next step in recovery, Legends intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, Ohio can help. Our IOP provides the structure and supports you need to develop healthy coping skills and maintain your sobriety while still living at home. In addition to our supportive intensive outpatient program, we also offer:
Reclaim your legacy and set a strong foundation for your lifetime of recovery. With the right steps, you can unlock your inner legend. Call or complete our web form today to get started.